You want in? You got in! Sign up to track the Afia action...

You want in? You got in! Sign up to track the Afia action...
* indicates required

Sunday 20 March 2011

Supermoon Rising


Down to just the broski and I. We were living cheaply before, but now we’re reaaally living cheaply (but safe & healthy Grandma!)  We left Accra in search of more budget accommodations, and landed in a small beach town in the Volta called Ada-Foah- a place guidebooks like to call "off-the-beaten-path."   We found a thatched-roof cottage for the equivalent of $10 a night.


Thanks to a modem I got for $35 USD in Accra, we’ve had wi-fi everywhere.   This means I set up my office space anywhere I please.   I’m managing inventory and coordinating the April photoshoot from a bungalow in a remote beach town in West Africa.  If that doesn’t embody Living the Dream, I don't know what does.  


My trips to Ghana have aligned with sweet astronomical happenings.  When I was abroad here in 2006, we got to witness a total solar eclipse.  This vintage photo was taken at 9am, March 29th '06:


Second ridiculously awesome event: Supermoon!  Who saw the moon last night?  La luna made its closest approach to planet Earth in 18 years.



RocketHub donors, your postcards are in the mail.  May take 5 days to reach you, may take a month.  If you don’t receive yours by May, well…


3 comments:

  1. LIVING THE DREAM! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am there with you in spirit but wishing I was actually there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ghana + astrological magic + you = dreamy

    ReplyDelete